1. Zutano Newborn Baby Booties – We are always losing baby socks and cannot seem to get them to stay on our active babies. This unique design, with two snap buttons, is the perfect solution. They also come in many fun colors and cute patterns.
2. Boppy lounger – The perfect place for your baby to lounge as a newborn, and play as your baby grows! The fabric is soft and easy to wipe clean and the pillow is the perfect accessory to travel with or move from room to room, as a safe and comfortable place for your baby to relax.
3. Earth Mama Nipple Butter – We love this natural nipple cream to soothe sore or cracked nipples. In fact, many of our moms apply it after each feeding, even if they do not have any aches or pains. It is safe for breastfeeding, smoothes on like butter and smells great.
4. Uppavista 2015 Stroller – This is our current favorite stroller. Our favorite features are its lightweight design making it easy to navigate, fold up and store. It comes with a bassinet and a front and rear facing infant seat. The rumble seat for toddlers is now made for both front and rear facing, making the 2015 model the best for more than one child! The best part is, you can add up to 3 kids with skate board as well. It also has a large storage basket underneath, allowing for easy trips to the grocery store or a trip to the mall. Add the drink holder and parent organizer for convenience as well.
5. Wubbanub – We love our pacifiers for self soothing for our babies. We tend to go to the wubbanub because the weight of the animal makes it easy to keep the pacifier close to your newborn and then over time, as your baby grows, they are able to use the animal to control getting the pacifier in and out of the mouth. Also, we are always losing pacifiers and this unique design is easy to find in a crowded diaper bag. Oh, and they’re super cute!
6. i Play summer hat – This brimmed hat is perfect for summer. Not only is the fabric UPF 50+ protection, but also it has an adjustable strap.
7. Oball Rattle – These rattles have lots of tiny holes in them making them easy to grab and fun to play with. Stimulate your baby’s motor skills, sight, and sound with this cute toy! Check out all of the toys made by oball including their balls, teething toys and rattle and roll car.
8. Honest diapers – We love this company and especially their diapers. They are eco-friendly, super absorbent and just plain adorable with all of the colors and patterns they come in. The natural material help prevents diaper burn/rash. The company also allows you to sign up for free samples!
9. Pottery barn chamois changing pad and crib sheets – We love how soft these are to lay your baby on while they sleep or while you change their diaper. We love them because stains are easily removed and the fabric never looses its softness no matter how many times you wash it!
10. Little Noses Saline solution – This is very helpful for flushes and removing mucus from your baby’s little nose. Have on hand for when your baby’s nose is dry, irritated or crusty.
11. Baby Bjorn bouncer balance chair with toy bar – This chair is the perfect natural bouncer. It has three settings that are easy to adjust from an upright bouncer to a reclined sleep position. It also lays completely flat for easy storage and travel. Add the wooden toy bar to keep your active baby busy.
12. Ubbi diaper pail – We love this pail because it is made of steel and really works for odor control of stinky, dirty diapers! The lid is easy to open and close and you can use any standard trash bag liner inside the can, which makes life that much easier. They also come in 13 cute colors to make your nursery more stylish.
13. Mustella 2 in 1 Hair and Body Wash – Try not to get addicted to the smell of your baby after a bath with this hair and body wash…we dare you! It is a tear-free cleanser and is safe and gentle for your newborn. It is also quite convenient to have the 2-1 feature, especially for travel.
14. Munchkin dishwasher basket – Make life easier when cleaning bottles. Instead of hand washing or boiling every night, this basket makes it easy to line up your bottles and put in the dishwasher.
15. Medella breast milk storage solutions – Add this kit to your registry. It is the perfect storage solution for the breastfeeding mom. The tray allows for easy storage in your refrigerator, extra breast milk bottles with lids that make it easy to label the date you expressed the milk. A tiny but big bonus…. a breast milk magnet that provides storage guidelines.
*A big thank you to Boston NAPS for sharing so many useful products!
About Boston NAPS:
Boston NAPS is a private duty nursing company that specializes in providing families with Registered Nurses to assist with prenatal education, postpartum baby nursing services, and lactation services. All of the nurses who work for Boston NAPS are registered to practice nursing in the state of MA, are CPR/First Aid certified, have completed a CORI background check, and have been through an extensive interview, reference, and referral process. In addition, all of our nurses currently work in the field of maternal/child health, so you are not only guaranteed a Registered Nurse, but one who specializes in working with moms and newborns on a daily basis.
Scheduling visits through Boston NAPS is easy and flexible. You can choose to have a nurse come anytime during the day or at night, and can have a nurse come any number of days a week. There is no commitment on your end in terms of a minimum number of days or hours you are required to schedule. Additional services include private prenatal yoga, registry consulting, sleep training and bottle feeding training. To learn more about Boston NAPS, visit the website: www.BostonNAPS.com and follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Jamie O’Day, BSN, RN, CLC
Jamie is originally from Rhode Island. She graduated from Villanova University with her Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Jamie took her first job in Northern Virginia on a very busy labor and delivery unit. After a year, Jamie decided it was time to return home to Boston where she continues to work as a labor and delivery nurse. When she is not at the hospital working, she enjoys the time she gets to spend with her clients through Boston NAPS. Jamie also enjoys working with breastfeeding mothers and babies at work or in the home setting. Jamie delivered her first baby girl, Catherine, this past winter. She lives in South Boston with her husband and daughter and when she is not working she enjoys spending time with her family & friends, taking her dog Brutus for walks, playing sports, and traveling.
Emily Silver, MSN, NP-C, CLC
Emily is the co-founder of Boston NAPS, LLC. Emily graduated from Boston College with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. After working on a medical unit for two years, Emily followed her heart and became a labor and delivery nurse. While working on labor and delivery, she completed her Master’s in Nursing at UMass Boston. She became a Family Nurse Practitioner and works with OB/GYN patients. She also is a clinical faculty member for undergraduate maternity nursing students. Emily enjoys teaching labor and delivery classes to her clients as well as counseling breastfeeding women after delivery. Emily lives in Charlestown with her husband and dog Maisey and is expecting her first baby this summer.