When your regular pants won’t button anymore because you have a baby on the way, you can use a bellaband but purchasing a few maternity fashion staples will make life much easier too, as you get used to life with a new bump in tow.
Offering great discounts and sales, and with locations throughout the nation (or easily available online) is Motherhood Maternity (which is also offered at stores such as Macy’s). Here are a few ideas of what to look for on your first pregnancy/maternity clothes shopping trip.
- Bras – first comes breast soreness, then comes growth! Pamper your pregnant self with bras that fit – get measurements done (if needed) in store, or just keep in mind you will grow, so going up a cup or two isn’t a bad idea. Also, a bonus is getting a style you can wear postpartum during your nursing days.
2. Jeans – a weekend necessity – look for a comfy pair of maternity jeans. Keep in mind when they are slim fit, they may stretch, so if they are snug when you try them on, they will still work well! These jeans feature a Secret Fit Belly® waistband which can be folded down or worn over the belly for additional support.
3. Tank tops – we are big fans of a stretchy cami, but the more tank tops for laying throughout the 9 months the better in my book!
4. Cardigans / Tops – To pair up with the new jeans and tanks, will be cardigans and tops, which depending on the style, can be worn, pregnant or not!
5. Maternity / Nursing Pajamas – when your bump (and other areas of your lower half start to grow) a cozy pair of PJ’s will be a perfect addition to your nighttime routine. Bonus points for tops that can be used for breastfeeding when baby makes their arrival!
6. Maternity Leggings – there is nothing better then a pair of comfy, stretchy leggings to toss on with a tunic. Another fashion find that can last throughout pregnancy and postpartum is a good pair of leggings.
7. Dresses – show off the bump with dresses, with room to grow, that are either made featuring spandex or feature drawstrings!
The list could go on and on – work outfits, skirts, t-shirts, hosiery, a new coat, sweaters, swimwear, etc, depending on what time of year you are expecting and your lifestyle. But all and all, you should be able to create a small wardrobe of necessities to mix and match through the 9 months of pregnancy and the months there-after, with some of the ideas above and a trip online or to the Motherhood Maternity store!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we may receive commission.