Father’s Day is around the corner so here are some creative things a pregnant gal can do for her partner.
With a baby on the way, your partner takes a backseat and you become front and center…at least until the baby is born. I want to share some ideas to keep your partner feeling the love for Father’s Day.
1. Dad Gift Box/New Dad Survival Kit– Creating a survival gift for an expecting parent is so fun. You can throw in any items based on little inside jokes you may have while also getting things you will actually need for when the baby arrives.
I made my husband a survival kit for his birthday. He loved it and we actually ended up using most of the stuff in it. Examples of what to put in a kit would include butt balm, coffee, cookies, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, washcloths, and diapers.
You could also include a book like: “Survival Handbook For Dads.”
2. Engraved Item– If you know the gender of the baby and have decided on a name you could engrave something for your partner with your baby’s initials. Whatever they are interested in. You could also engrave a frame and put the baby’s first ultrasound picture in it.
3. Coupon Book – Coupon books are always fun, thoughtful and inexpensive. It is so important to let your partner feel loved through this process because they are put on the back burner. Having a coupon book will allow you to have that time together in a fun way. You can do just about anything whether you want it to be romantic, spicy, or just a movie night or even use a printable like this.
4. Bouquet – Some men out there do enjoy a bouquet of roses, but for those that don’t there are other ways to give a bouquet. You could do a bouquet of your partner’s favorite alcohol nips and cigars, or candy and snacks, or a coffee bouquet in a nice Dad / Dad-To-Be mug.
5. Glider – This is a little bit pricier, but getting a glider for your partner would be beneficial because that time when they spend in the rocker with the baby is so special. In my own experience, the bond that my husband has while rocking the baby is like my breastfeeding.
There are a ton of ways to celebrate your partner, these are just a few!
A message from Trish Moise Russo, the writer of this post:
I am a new mother of a beautiful baby boy; however, my pregnancy was a very difficult experience to say the least. Due to my pregnancy, I started a company called, Helping Mommy Tone and a blog for moms, expecting and new. My goal is to be here if you have any questions or concerns because I have been through it first hand. I did everything right according to the doctors, it was just how my body reacted and I was blessed with a gorgeous and healthy baby who is now thriving. I am currently working with an OB/GYN to build my company and inform all mothers of the unknown. Enjoy reading along through my experience. Any questions, comments, concerns, my door is always open. – Trish
Disclosure – contains affiliate links.