The weather is getting cooler and the fall chill is in the air! When you are picking an outfit for your fall baby shower, there are a few things to consider while shopping. Check out some dress options, outfit ideas, and questions to ask yourself before buying and planning your baby shower outfit below!
1. Smile for the Camera: How will the outfit or dress photograph when your friends and family will all be lining up to take a photo with you and your bump? You might want to shy away from very busy patterns because of this. But don’t stay away from color!
2. Dress Appropriately: Consider your venue. Where is your baby shower? If you are doing an at home shower, feel free to wear a more casual dress while a restaurant party, you can amp up your outfit a bit.
3. Pick an appropriate length: If you wear a dress, will it fit comfortably when you are sitting eating the meal? You also need to find something that is a good length to cover your legs during present opening and photo opps too! A knee length dress or a maxi might make the perfect option.
4. Fall Weather: Since fall weather can still have as many warm days as cold ones, layering might be a good option so you are not too hot and not too cold. A cardigan, blazer, or shawl to keep on hand will do the trick or instead of sleeveless, why not wear short or a 3/4 sleeves dress.
5. Undergarments: Since baby showers can end up being an all day thing, take into consideration what you will be wearing under your outfit! A good fitting bra, cami, shapewear, stockings, belly band, bikini panties, or whatever you will be donning under your dress must not dig in the wrong places or else it will make you extra antsy as the day goes on!
6. Show off your bump: Another thing you might want to consider is really embracing the bump, instead of hiding it. Wear something a little more form fitting! Everyone wants to see your glowing pregnant self!
Or you could even wear a looser dress but throw on a belt, under your chest, to also help show off your new curves.
7. Choose the right shoes: Yes you want to look your best, but you don’t want to trip in tricky heels or have sore feet one hour in because your shoes are too tight or high. If your feet swell up during your pregnancy, consider a flat sandal or if you have your heart set on heels, how about a funky wedge to support you.
8. Accessorize it: Amp up your outfit with sparkly studs, bangle bracelets, and your favorite statement necklace! When you look your best on the outside, it helps you feel even better on the inside!
9. Nail It: Make sure to paint your nails too with pregnancy safe nail polish! The perfect manicure and pedicure adds a polished look to your baby shower outfit.
10. Have fun: Your baby shower is a day you will remember for years to come. Don’t stress about your outfit too much and make sure to wear something that you feel like yourself in. Whether that is a flowy dress or a fitted top and pants, the most important thing is celebrating your bundle of joy on the way and wearing something you are comfortable in and feel great in!
*Disclosure: I get commission for purchases or clicks made through affiliate links in this post.